Ideas you can do with Foursquare:
- To bring in customers on your slow days - 1/2 off a bottle of wine on Wednesdays when you check in on Foursquare.
- As a loyalty card - receive a free room upgrade for ever 20 check ins
- As a bonus - Free valet parking every time you check in on Foursquare.
- As an incentive to bring in new customers - get a free cup of coffee the first time you check in.
- As an incentive for bringing in friends - free movie ticket if you check in with more than 4 people
- As an incentive to help a charitable cause - check in and we'll donate $10 to "Winnipeg Humane Society"
- As a vehicle to give out something fun or limited - Limited edition T-shirt for a certain amount of check -ins
- To promote your event - a free CD for everyone who checks in with a friend at our live media event
- To add value for advertisers - a free steak dinner for every person who checks in at each of your sponsors's businesses the first week of December.
Things to avoid with Foursquare:
- Untrained employees that have no idea about your Foursquare promotion.
- Don't offer specials that suck, your specials need to be attractive and compelling
- Don't ignore the mayor, he is a walking talking advertising machine if he is used correctly.
- Failing to motivate your clients to buy-in, mobile is the future so help them with adoption.
- Don't allow your employees to check in, only clients