You’ve been working in marketing roles for a few years – likely as a marketing coordinator, brand or marketing strategist, or copywriter at an agency or as part of an in-house marketing team – and you’re looking for an opportunity to work with a dynamic niche agency team where you can learn from senior team members and grow your career, working primarily with clients in the education industry.
You are passionate about marketing and branding, and constantly learning to stay ahead of new trends, tools, and innovations. You bring lots of big ideas and creative recommendations – but never your ego. You’re a strong copywriter who’s equally great at editing and proofreading others’ work. You work hard and communicate clearly. You’re a big picture thinker, but you’re detailed and organized when it comes to proofing your work, managing all the small details, and thinking through a strategy from idea through to execution. You’re curious about data and challenge yourself to keep improving the ROI generated from your work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a mid-career role with opportunity to grow. Your days will be full with work conducting market research, developing strategies for brands and campaigns, crafting copy, building buyer legends and customer journeys, editing and proofreading, and more. You’ll collaborate with our internal teams and our clients from across North America and beyond – but you love working independently too. Taking direction from the creative director and senior team members, you’ll collaborate and make recommendations in the planning stages with increasing responsibility.
- Work alongside senior team members to develop strategies for brands and campaigns – including strategic planning, idea generation, content planning and development, testing and optimization, and reporting/analysis
- Conduct formal and informal research – including surveys, interviews, and analyzing data & metrics
- Participate in idea generation for campaign concepts
- Write content for websites, blogs, case studies, digital campaigns, and more
- Present your work to internal teams and to clients
- Support QA for projects in their final stages of development (including editing & proofreading)
- Completed a relevant post-secondary program in business, marketing, and/or creative communications
- 2-6 years of relevant experience (developing brand and marketing strategies, generating creative ideas, writing professional/B2B content, conducting market research)
- Experience working with or for a private/independent school in a marketing or admissions role would be an asset
- Comfortable navigating marketing measurement and analytics tools – like Google Analytics – to draw insights
- Experience using email or SMS marketing platforms like MailChimp and Klaviyo
- Experience using market research tools like Meltwater and Survey Monkey
- Comfortable using the Google suite of products (Gmail/Chat, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet)
Metric Marketing is a highly creative, digitally focused marketing agency headquartered in Winnipeg, Canada with a full time staff of 45+ creative, digital, and marketing professionals. Metric develops modern marketing and advertising solutions for private and independent schools in North America.
We have developed specific differentiators and capabilities that set us apart: measurement and analytics expertise, high-level technical capabilities for digital advertising and web, dedicated account executives focused on growing our schools, a unique campaign execution model and talented associates who love what they do and continue to train for their passions.
Metric has been in business since 1999 and we’ve built a strong corporate culture based on our fundamental core values of passion, balance, and camaraderie. We offer a range of flexible work options including remote work / work from home, a 4/10 condensed work week option, and more.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to [email protected], subject line: “Marketing Strategist.”